Saturday 2 April 2011

Should I include?




As the themes of this project and my solo project is quite similar, i was wondering whether to include my screen?

Its based on my childhood memories whilst my family and i lived in Germany in the eighties, the paintings (inspired by Katsushika Hokusai) are key visual representations of Munster while the colours and tones are to highlight the emotional impact of what it was like living there.

As its a screen/piece of furniture/sculpture piece it may bring a different element to the show in comparison to the rest of the exhibition,though it will obviously depend on the gallery space and whether its aesthetically pleasing enough.

I will have pictures as I am constructing it this week so if i upload them you guys could give me your feedback and let me know what you think?I wont be offended if you feel it wont work :-)

3 comments:

  1. excuse the upside picture,im having technical problems with pictures tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think as we are approaching our projects based on our own individuaal childhood expericences. I feel this would be good. Our varied selection on work will hopefully mean a wider base to which viewers can have a connection to our work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just an idea but maybe we should come back together when we are producing sample/experiment pieces and see if our pieces/ideas for final pieces, work well with each other and that they all flow well with each other.

    ReplyDelete