Saturday 2 April 2011

I really like this artist,

This artist reminds me of the fabric books created by Susan Hiller. I really like them, their simplicity yet effectiveness on protraying childhood.

http://www.sparrowavenue.com/gallery-textile-autumnleaves.htm

I found this through researching on the theme above. i dont know if I like it and want to continue you it an a piece to display in the exhibition. Combine with the the cornwall photos and create a postive spin on childhood memories, using the idealistic view of childhood being great, innocent time of our lives like viewing it through rose tinted lenses.

1 comment:

  1. The rough edges and simplistic designs remind me of my first attempts at sewimg and knitting at Home Economics.
    It is a brilliant way of showing childhood innocence by using this artform ,as it is not bogged down with fussy details or overwhelmed with egotistical political meaning...beautiful.
    Its also a very compact way of showing work,especially as we still sont know how much gallery space we will be having.
    Be nice to have little pictures like this hanging from the ceiling,sort of blowing around on the breeze.

    ReplyDelete