Wednesday 30 March 2011

Beach themes pieces!

I thought a a from the research  we all did with people we know and our own childhood, holidaying and especially beach holidays were a common feature. Here's a few selection above of the pictures I took at Cornwall (hopefully as it keeps telling me about the internal server not working!!! o I hate technology)


I was inspired on this holiday and I have become really interested in taking this sunny holiday root with my work for the exhibition, if you have no objections of course. I think it would compliment nicely the hopscotch and games we are intending to have as well at the exhibition.

I want my piece(s) to be a reflection of the positives we have of our childhood. The innocence and playfulness that we believe childhood holds.

What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Beach holidays are a major part of many peoples childhood it seems so i think this would definately be a positive contribution to the exhibition hun.

    In what form were you thinking of bringing the beach to the show?would it be something that could be touched and experienced such as sand,pebbles,rock etc or were you thinking of hanging pictures up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking on that pathway, possibly making some shells, by making a cast of a real one and then make loads out of either clay, poracein, agate. As I dont have enough that would be sufficient for an exhibition and as they are personal and selfishly I woulnd want them being damaged/lost.

    I am so lost in what way I want to take this project. I know I want to have a postive spin on childhood like the one we sterotype it as. Like a rosey great time of our lives.

    ReplyDelete