Tuesday 3 May 2011

My concept for my piece,

Ok, this my concept for the project girlies so please comment if you can.
I am wanting to create a an installation piece of sorts using the theme of childhood beach holidays. As through my research and asking friends and family. There is the generic theme of playing in  the sand, building sand castles and finding/collecting shells.
So I have been experimenting with ideas on how to represent it and bring the research I have made to produce a piece.

I was thinking of backing a back drop , a college of sorts like the Susan Hiller (see above) using imagery like I have already uploaded on the blog. Then in front of it I was wanting to have a bucket and spade, sand and shells.
As though recreating the generic imagery associated with a childhood beach holiday and keeping with the general public ideal of this holiday I will keep the colour's of the shells/bucket/spade white to keep this generalisation. Its neutral, and its purpose is a prompter combined with the post cards to take the viwer's back to that time in their lives.  (I know its badly phased, I do apologise for this.)


Please tell me what you think???

3 comments:

  1. will the postcard imagery be from a particular place or from all over?for me, one of the reasons why Hillers piece worked was because the imjages came from a variety of places which meant the audience were highly likely to be able to connect with the art.(For me it was the Brighton postcards).
    I cannot wait to see the bucket and spade and shells...arent to creating them using a fragile material?representation of precious memories or have i totally misunderstood you the past few weeks?
    im so tired lol im surprised i can even remember my name right now!!
    Overall I think your contribution to the show will be a positive one as it will help our audioence to recall happy holidays and good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps sorry about the typos :-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey no worries about the typos I am sure I a.) wont notice and b.)done lots in this blog too:)

    I have taken note from Hiller's work and the beach pictures will come from places allover the world, either taken by me or family and friends so therefore not crossing into any copyright stuff.

    No you haven't misunderstood me you got it perfectly, the reason for plaster was for its fragility and like memories can very easily be damaged and lost.

    Hope you feel less tired now.x

    ReplyDelete