Sunday 15 May 2011

Final Piece

Hey guys, hope your having a great weekend.




I am quite impressed I made this on one attempt

The bucket is full of shells,

I have taken some every rough drafts of on possible displays of my piece above. I must add I have dropped the back drop of the beach as I felt it would distract too much from the shells and bucket visually. I want it looking as clean as possible with minimal colour and I really like the contrast between the sand and bucket/shells it really brings out both I feel.

Which do you feel is better? I think the one with the sand castle is best, however depending on space I will have to choose the first one. I feel the spilt ones are symbolic of memories pouring out and in this visual reference that of childhood holidays to the beach.

I hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant,the white bucket and spade works really well with the white shells and i agree with you about the backdrop-it would be far too busy with one.the work should defo be the main focus.
    I really like the sandcastle too as thats a perfect representation of beach holidays.hopefully we will have enough space for you to do it.
    if we had a bigger space it would have been great to have like a shallow talk-or even a paddling pool,filled with sand and buckets so the audience could make their own sandcastles.
    im really looking forward to seeing it all up tomorrow.
    well done Becky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *tank even,not talk!

    ReplyDelete